Man pleads not guilty to Seattle-area dismemberment killing

Written by

© Ted S. Warren
Charlton pleaded not guilty to murder and theft charges in connection with the case. (AP Photo/Ted S. Warren)

Date: 4/27/2016 12:43 PM
Slug: Body Parts Recycling Bin
Headline: John Charlton
Source: AP
Caption Writer: TW
Byline Title: STF
Transref: WATW103
Editorial Type:
Format: JPEG Baseline
Category: A
Supplemental Category:
Language: en-us
Height: 2255
Width: 3408
Image Size: 2031704 bytes
Resolution: dpi

Suggested & Related
BC-US–Body Parts-Recycling Bin,2nd Ld-Writethru

Suggested Related

Text View
Photo 4 6
Graphic View
Video View
Audio View
Interactive View

Body Parts Recycling Bin (100%)
Transref : WATW104

Body Parts Recycling Bin (100%)
Transref : WATW103

Body Parts Recycling Bin (100%)
Transref : WATW102

Body Parts Recycling Bin (100%)
Transref : WATW101

Body Parts Recycling Bin (56.60%)
Transref : WASEA201

Body Parts Recycling Bin (56.60%)
Transref : WASEA202

Body Parts Recycling Bin (52.25%)
Transref : WATW204

Human Remains Suitcase (51.51%)
Transref : WIKEN102

Katrina Police Shootings (50.48%)
Transref : LAGH111

Mel Reynolds Arrest (49.78%)
Transref : CX102

A day laborer pleaded not guilty on Wednesday to charges that he decapitated a Seattle-area mother of three and nurse whose remains were found in a recycling bin, a spokesman for prosecutors said.

A judge at the hearing in King County Superior Court increased bail for the 37-year-old accused killer, John R. Charlton, to $5 million from $2 million, Dan Donohoe, a spokesman for the local Prosecutor’s Office, said in an email.

Prosecutors had argued in court papers that Charlton, who has been in jail since his April 11 arrest, was a flight risk.

Charlton has been charged with first-degree murder in the killing of Ingrid Lyne, 40, from Renton in Washington state and with stealing her car. He pleaded not guilty to both charges at Wednesday’s hearing, Donohoe said.

Lyne’s body parts were discovered on April 9 in the recycling container of a Seattle home. The slaying made national headlines.

A public defender for Charlton could not be reached for comment.

Friends told police that Lyne and Charlton had met online and had been seeing each other about a month when she disappeared on April 8.

Investigators, who searched Lyne’s house, found swabs of blood and a 15-inch pruning saw in the bathroom.

In an interview with detectives, Charlton said he was too drunk to remember much of what happened after he and Lyne returned to her home after a baseball game, and that Lyne eventually drove him to Seattle, according to court documents.

The judge set the next court hearing in the case for May 11, Donohoe said. 

Source link

Article Categories:

Comments are closed.

Menu Title